Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Almost Finished!

Guys, guys! I am in the middle of my last round of chemo!! Yes, you heard me correctly... LAST! In fact, I am done with all the chemos that are really scary for me (doxorubicin, ifosfamide, etoposide, and cisplatin). Actually I don't think etoposide is really a big deal, but it's hard to tell because they always give it to me with ifosfamide, which is scary for my immune system.

Anyway, my last "scary" chemo consisted of doxorubicin and ifosfamide. That one is a double whammy because the dox makes me sick. So sick, in fact, that I truly feel ill even thinking about it. And like I said, the ifosfamide is horrible for my immune system, not to mention my bladder. You may recall that ifosfamide (better known as ifex) really did a number to my bladder, so the fact that I had to get it again was scary. Dr. Litton got me all freaked out about how if the bleeding in my bladder didn't stop, I would have to get my bladder removed. Um, what? Granted, he said it was like a 1% chance, but still! Can you imagine a more horrifying thought to a 23 year old girl? You probably can. Regardless, we felt it was important for me to do this round inpatient so we could protect my bladder as I was receiving the chemo. I will, again, spare you the details, but it was a long 8 days in the hospital.

Me on day seven: Man, I need to get out of here! I am getting some serious hay fever.

Mom: Um, you mean cabin fever?

Ah, yes. The hospital was not giving me bad allergies, but rather making me go crazy from being couped up indoors. Anyway, I am still feeling crazy fatigued blah blah blah. I feel like me blogging about feeling sick and tired is getting repetitive. More exciting is the fact that Michael has been applying to jobs, and two of the companies paid for both of us to fly out, eat, and stay in a hotel so Michael could interview with them. Yay! So we got two all expenses paid vacations to Texas and Wisconsin! It was so fun, and although we're still deciding on what to do, both were excellent experiences in their own ways. I don't have any pictures in Texas, but there are a few from Wisconsin. Maybe I'll show you those in my next post since I don't have my camera with me.

Also, I know there's like this unspoken/spoken rule about never posting selfies because they are lame, but I think if you have a day where you feel good about the way you look, and publicly documenting that day makes you feel better, you should do it. Having said that, 90% of the time, I actually look like this:


So when I wore my wig and did my makeup, I obviously had to document it.



 

5 comments:

  1. Love your selfies! You are awesome. Also, we've been praying for you and Michael, you have big decisions to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best with the decision making! At least the "scary" chemos didn't rob you of your 'youthful glow' ;-) Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost DONE!!! I am so excited for you! And we all love photos of you, selfies or otherwise--especially for those who are far away. We all want to know how you're doing and photos make it a little more real. You are amazing and strong! Keep going...almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! And ha ha ha about Palpatine! Never. You are always just different degrees of beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crystallion! I am SOOOOOOOOO FREAKINGGGG HAPPPYYYYY! I could neigh with delight (since I, too, am Christallion). I'm dumb, you're awesome. I am so happy for you right now!

    ReplyDelete