Friday, October 4, 2013

My Life...

...is awesome. I'm not being sarcastic, I just love it (at least this week. Who knows about next week).

I was supposed to be in the hospital this week for high-dose methotrexate, but when I checked in to the hospital, they did a blood test and my platelets were too low so they sent me home. I was originally super bummed about having to put off chemo for a week, but I realize now how much my body needed this break. I've been able to sleep in late, get stuff done at home, use the bathroom an almost normal amount, enjoy food again, and hang out with the coolest husband ever.

Highlights:
-Eating the majority of a cookie sheet full of homemade nachos with Michael
-Watching an entire season of Parks and Rec in like... 4 days
-Going to the temple with Alicia for her birthday
-Welcoming Brian (my brother-in-law) home from his mission in Russian and the Baltic States
-Getting the stove cleaner than I've seen it in years
-Talking to my aunt Melissa on the phone
-Having energy and motivation to do things! Having cancer makes you feel like the laziest bum ever so it was nice for the fog to clear and for me to feel almost normal again.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good week and that we got to help finish the nachos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are doing well now! Sound like that was an awesome week! I love parks and rec. My favorite is Leslie Nope, she's a crazy generous friend and so funny about Pawnee and politics! And I also love Ron Swanson! That whole show is full of great characters though. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mrs. C!!! This is Eliza (note passer/shortie) and Annalyse (tall one) from fifth grade (four years ago), when you taught at hobble creek! We were the first class you taught! We miss and love you, and we always talk about how you were our favorite teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got the osteoscaroma diagnosis- thing Did internet search: found your blog 1st..read thru it. I am Also LDS (not a coincidence I believe)
    thx for your journey write-ups. Sounds horrible.
    But now I am better prepared for future.
    thx for writing all this up. I am Tina Smith

    ReplyDelete